business registration in canada for non-residents
Business registration in canada for non-residents
Looking for "business registration in canada for non-residents"?
Articles about business registration in canada for non-residents
What articles can you find on Google about business registration in canada for non-residents:
A corporation is a legal entity that is separate from its shareholders and management.
- A corporation is the most common form of business structure used in Canada.
- Corporations have rights, obligations, powers and privileges similar to individuals.
- Shareholders own the corporation, but they are not personally liable for debts, obligations or acts of the corporation.
Generally, a corporation is made up of three groups:
- Directors appoint officers and supervise the management of the enterprise.
- Officers manage the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Shareholders elect the directors.
A company may incorporate under either federal or provincial law.
Under the CBCA, 25% of the directors in a corporation must be Canadian residents. If there are fewer than four directors, at least one must be Canadian.
In Alberta, under the BCA, at least 25% of the directors must be resident Canadians.
Alberta government resources
Canadian government resources
Doing business in BC
Starting, Expanding, or Moving a Business?
Welcome to the OneStop Business Registry where you can do the most commonly required business registrations and transactions.
- Find information on starting your business
Information on starting a new business.
- Choose your business name and get it approved
This is the first step in registering your business.
- Ready to register your business:
- Sole Proprietorship or General Partnership
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Payroll deductions
- Import/export accounts
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST) for new businesses only
- WorkSafeBC - the Workers' Compensation Board of B.C.
- Local Government Business Licences.
- Incorporate your company
Incorporate your company and file other Business Corporations Act forms over the Internet.
- Liquor Control and Licensing Branch (LCLB)
- Renew your liquor licence
- Submit event notifications
- Catered events
- Temporary Use Area events
- Market events
- All ages liquor-free events
- Change your business address
Automatically notify many participating public agencies of your business address change.
- Find more business information
Go here for specialized advice on growing your business.
Watch video about business registration in canada for non-residents
What can you find on YouTube:Create a USA Amazon Seller Account (Tutorial, Step-by-Step)