business registration number
Business registration number
Looking for "business registration number"?
Articles about business registration number
What articles can you find on Google about business registration number:
Other ways to apply
There’s a £1 charge for other filed documents, eg company accounts, annual reports, annual returns and confirmation statements. You’ll need to register to order these.
You can pay by credit/debit card or PayPal.
Track company information
You can monitor any company, including your own, to find out when it files new information - there’s no fee.
Create an account on the Companies House WebCheck service.
Use the WebCheck Service to search for the company you want to track.
Subscribe for access to more information
You can join a subscription service to get access to:
- all historical company records
- document packages - these cost £4 each and include multiple documents
- detailed mortgage information
- online certified copies
You can also search by director’s name.
What is the online business registration and why should you use it?
What tax levies can you use the online business registration system to register to report and remit tax due?
- Income tax withholding.
- Sales and Use Taxes, excluding tax on:
- Spirituous Liquor.
- Piped Natural Gas.
- Aviation Gasoline and Jet Fuel.
- Dry-Cleaning Solvent.
- Motor vehicle lease and rental tax.
- Certain machinery and equipment tax.
What are the benefits?
- It is convenient – It is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- It is easy – The online screens are designed to walk you through the application using an interview process.
- It is free – Sending in a paper application and paying postage is not required.
- It is fast – Most applicants will receive their account ID number instantly. Others will receive their account ID numbers within ten business days.
- It is safe – The web site and the taxpayer’s data are secured with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) with at least 128-bit encryption.
- It is confirmed – You will receive a confirmation from the Department that your application has been received.
Am I required to mail any paper documentation after submitting my application?
Once your application is submitted online, it is not necessary to mail in a paper copy of the application form. We will contact you if additional information is required.
Is there a fee?
There is no fee to use the Department’s online business registration system.
What information do I need to submit my application?
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), and North Carolina Secretary of State Number (SOS), if applicable.
- Your business name, address, phone number.
- Partner or Responsible Person, if applicable (name, title, SSN, address).
- Details about your business (begin date, type of business, etc.).
How do I submit my application?
You will be prompted through a series of interview screens that will require you to provide information to complete the application. You will be provided a confirmation page that you should print and save for your records that will contain either a tracking or confirmation number.
How will I know the Department has received my application?
Once you submit your completed application, the system will provide you with a confirmation page. If the system is able to complete the registration process, a confirmation number and the issued account ID number will display on the page along with the name of your business. A notice that includes your account ID number will also be mailed to you within five business days.
If the system is unable to complete the registration process at the time of submission, a tracking number will display on the page. Your account ID number will be issued within ten business days and a notice that includes your account ID number will be mailed to you.
You should retain the confirmation or tracking number for your records until you receive your account ID number information by mail. These numbers will be helpful if you contact the Department with questions about your application.
Is my information safe?
Safety measures are in place to protect your information. No one can read your tax information while it is being electronically submitted. The web site and your data are secured with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) with at least 128-bit encryption.
Who can I contact for assistance?
Watch video about business registration number
What can you find on YouTube:How to register a company in Australia?